Follow by Email

My Website

Monday, November 6, 2006

It's probably a good thing that I didn't start this blog on October 31st, or I would have been commenting on how disappointed I was that barely anyone showed up to the closing reception of the exhibit in the GC Gallery @ FIU.

Mind you, its not unusual for small to non-existent attendance to these things and YES, it was Halloween...but still, one would think that the 10th anniversary of a gallery started and maintained by art students would have garnered more attention from the faculty & students of the very art department it primarily serves. But no, it didn't.

Please don't get me wrong, I am grateful for the 4-5 people that did show. Although I wll say - there was a little "boys club" thing happening (just a tad irritating). Almost seemed as if the reception was to solely honor the other artist exhibiting...never mind that my never-previously-exhibited work took up about 95% of the gallery. As one of the 4-5 people that were there said "its shocking and appalling". I concur.
...hmm...good thing I didn't start the blog that night, right? :D

No comments: