Follow by Email

My Website

Monday, February 12, 2007

Giselle

Went yesterday with my mom to see "Giselle". That was the first time I had ever gone to a ballet performance, always just catch them on TV (hurray for public television).

I thoroughly enjoyed it...its a tear jerker (if you're a hopelessly romantic fool, like I am).

Of course, it helped a great deal that I read the story ahead of time. Also, we were sitting in the 2nd row and could see the facial expressions, etc. It makes a huge difference to know what the story is about, so that the slight nuances in the performances add meaning and help connect you to whats happening. I'm sure people who sat further away missed quite a bit.

Its a very romantic, tragic and haunting story and if you ever have an opportunity, I would highly recommend it.

No comments: