Follow by Email

My Website

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

"to make things even" - (a written sketch / poem)


send me 10 consecutive Birthday cards

...on time and with hand-written, heart-felt sentiment

consume 19 hope-filled months of your precious life
...during which you must wonder, ponder, wish & believe

give me a 7,865 mile car ride, give or take 1,500 miles
...calculated @ 28.6 miles X 4-5 times a week X 55 weeks
.....or a one way trip to Alba, with miles to spare

replenish a river of tears

restore the portion of my liver withered by alcohol
...1-3 drinks @ 1-1.5 oz X 4-5 times a week X 55 weeks = approximately 1,237.5 ounces of
rum, liqueurs & miscellaneous

shatter your intact heart into a thousand jagged pieces
...for my own is beyond mending


"Love the heart that hurts you, but never hurt the heart that loves you" ~Vipin Sharma~