Follow by Email

My Website

Saturday, April 14, 2007

its 80's weekend on the radio, folks - some of the best music ever!



Listening to the radio, to all these songs of my ill-spent youth, the following song JUMPED out at me

Here are the partial lyrics to the song "King of Wishful Thinking" by GO WEST
I have taken out the repeated verses, broke it down to just the basics...more poetic that way.

awwww, the 80's....oh GOD, that was 20 years ago!

ugh, I'm old


King Of Wishful Thinking

I don't need to fall at your feet
Just 'cause you cut me to the bone
And I won't miss the way that you kiss me
We were never carved in stone
If I don't listen to the talk of the town
Then maybe I can fool myself

I'll get over you; I know I will
I'll pretend my ship's not sinking
And I'll tell myself I'm over you
'Cause I'm the king of wishful thinking

I refuse to give in to my blues
That's not how it's going to be
And I deny these tears in my eyes
I don't want to let you see...know
That you have made a hole in my heart
And now I've got to fool myself

I'll get over you; I know I will
I'll pretend my ship's not sinking
And I'll tell myself I'm over you
'Cause I'm the king of wishful thinking

I will never, never shed a tear for you
I'll get over you; I know I will
You made a hole in my heart
But I won't shed a tear for you
I'll pretend my hearts still beating
'Cause I've got no more tears for you

I'm the king of wishful thinking






No comments: