Follow by Email

My Website

Sunday, August 26, 2007

i had the dream again last night...

i'm holding the hand of the most adorable little girl (about 2 years old). she's wearing a white sun dress and white sandals, with blonde curls that cascade slightly past her shoulders. she excitedly looks up at me with her big blue eyes and asks me, with a sweet little voice "mommy, where's daddy?" and she turns her head as if looking for "him", while pulling my hand.

i've had this dream about 3-4 times within the last 10 years or so. i've also had another one with a blonde little boy.


first, i don't know how a blonde/blue eyed child could come from me. if i remember correctly, aren't brown eyes dominant?

second, i don't know what these dreams are supposed to mean and i honestly don't have the energy to figure it out at this point in my life. the first couple of times i thought i knew what they meant - actually thought it was pretty obvious. but time and life proved my theory wrong, so i let it go.

third, as adorable as the little girl is and as warm & fuzzy the feelings are when she looks up at me...i really do wish she would just leave me alone. she should have figured out by now that she would be much happier and better off with another mommy.


AFTERTHOUGHT (9-7-07) - maybe she's an angel, coming to take me away???


1 comment:

Anna said...

It's just a dream. Could come from anything. I wouldn't worry about it.