Follow by Email

My Website

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

etsy stuff, part II

oh my goodness.

i've been so busy and lovin' every second of it.

i've never been more excited (or at least not in a loooooooooong time!)

aside from the necessary obligations i have in my life, i've been spending every minute making things to put in my etsy shop (which i think i'm going to open in a couple of days - sooner than my original plan) or reading up on tips for setting it up, etc.

i'm still figuring out some things that need to be done, since i want to be organized so i don't get overwhelmed with last minute details. its a LOT of work, if you want to have a nice-enough shop. and i'm sure i'm going to be missing some things, but at least i have a decent banner (til i can make another one that is more creative) for now.

my shop name: an'a'mano(©) is a compilation (derivation?) of my name (ana) and "by hand" in spanish (a mano) - i seriously had almost a gazillion other combination of names and phrases, etc. and this one was the one i was semi-satisfied with. actually, the more i see it the more it grows on me .

i've created an excel log so that i can keep track of expenses, customers, inventory, etc (its pretty detailed and took me forever!)

my shop will have an eclectic mix of things. i just canNOT limit myself to just one or two types of items. i want to make EVERYTHING!! i have so many ideas in my head, that i can barely sleep , 'cause they're buzzing around my head, trying to get my attention. i just can't censor that, i need to make it all. besides, isn't variety the spice of life? my shop will have (hopefully) a lil something for everyone.

here are a few sneak peaks of some of the items, so far.

magnet samples:


(pen, liquid acrylic on wood)


(pen, marker, liquid acrylic on wood)


(pen, marker, liquid acrylic on wood)


plush (for baby gift set):


"BEATRICE the butterfly"

[The meaning of the name Beatrice is Bringer Of Joy

The origin of the name Beatrice is French]


plushies / dolls:


"ALARIC, the alien"

[The name Alaric means Noble Ruler, Elf Ruler. Its origin is German. Alaric was the last
king of the Goths who overthrew Rome.]


handmade boxes:


pink hearts, set of 3


so MUCH to do!!! gotta get back to work!!

No comments: