Follow by Email

My Website

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Roger Ebert and X-Files

In the midst of my whining (last post), I forgot to mention that I saw the x-files this past Friday.

I won't get into an in depth review here, but although I loved seeing Mulder and Scully again (I giggled like a school girl every time he came on the screen - um, yep), I was a bit disappointed with the storyline and wish that Duchovny and Anderson had held out for a better script. I mean, we philers (geek-term for x files fanatics, yes I admit it) waited 10 years! That's a hell of a long time, folks...and this was not worth the wait.
AGAIN, it was absolutely wonderful to see Mulder and Scully together again and in a real (albeit dysfunctional) relationship , but the story...well, it just could have been so much more.

Anyway, I read the review by Roger Ebert (who I definitely think has gotten much "softer" in recent years) and wanted to share it here.

I also wanted to show this video clip of Roger Ebert and the late Gene Siskel - its a hilarious, laugh out loud outtake of their show back in the day. You will definitely enjoy it. Here is Ebert's article / reflection on the show, as the newest version "Ebert and Roeper" has been canceled.


5 comments:

cuteartworld said...

Thank you Ana for you comments at Vast!

Caroline said...

I was surprised to enjoy the new XF movie, but I went into it with very low expectations. I've decided to start watching the series from the beginning, because I've forgotten so much of the original show!

Ana said...

OH, I enjoyed it...its just that I've been waiting so many years, that I DID have lots of expectations, especially because it was going to be from Chris Carter. So I was just disappointed with the storyline.

T.Allen-Mercado said...

Oh I'm afraid, the X-files movie has me filled with the kind of trepidation that only I could muster up over a movie that I have no personal stake in. I was such a huge fan although not so much towards the end. The episodes that dear David directed had a weird Shyamalan-esque quality that was off-putting. I'm going to give it a try, wish me luck...thanks for sharing the clip very funny indeed!

Ana said...

t.allen - don't be afraid, lol.

I think if you go withOUT expectations of the excitement of those "early years" you will probably be ok.

But remember to stay to the end of the credits...I didn't and I regret it.

I was planning on seeing it again - to give it another chance to sink in (and to get another giggling fix) and this time I WILL stay through to the end, even if the annoying teenager wants to kick me out so he can sweep popcorn off the floor.