Follow by Email

My Website

Friday, August 22, 2008

I just saw...

The Dark Knight...and I'm speechless. I can't really say much other than it was absolutely, amazingly wonderful.

I've been crying - I know, big surprise, right?

But there are few things more beautiful than to see artists doing what they love and to see them creating a masterpiece. What a magnificent thing to observe, especially if you're an artist yourself. Because you can notice those little nuances that other's dismiss or take for granted.

Heath Ledger's performance...well, I am not surprised that he was tormented outside of the "set", because he left himself there with the Joker (or I should say he lost himself within the Joker). He deserves an oscar and its a horrible shame that he is not here to bask in the aftermath of his brilliance on that film. The Joker will forever be his and his alone...no one else can touch that character, nor should they even attempt to.

I waited this long to see it, because I didn't want a bunch of bratty, snot nosed kids or typical annoying Miamians surrounding me. I was surprised to see as many people as were there on an early Friday afternoon, actually...but I was able to NOT notice, once I was transfixed by the film.

If you haven't seen it - you should.

Again, here is Roger's take on the film.

No comments: