Follow by Email

My Website

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Its been a heck of a long time...I know

Well, you know what's been going on with me, so it shouldn't be a surprise that I've been gone (from my blog) this long.
BUT
I have been doing some work and although not necessarily what I would call part of my usual repertoire, its still from me and maybe my "stuff" is changing? It's really too early to know that, but I'm just glad (honestly) that my hands are moving and active and that I can still get excited about these things I'm working on lately.

I just listed three items in my shop.

These first two are illustrations (for lack of a better description) that are done on pages from a Guinness Book of World Records from 1990. The process is explained in the listing. They are a lot of fun and are coming along slowly, because I have several projects going on at the same time.

©"Guinness, Mushrooms" (2008)
original illustration on book page



© "Guinness, Jellyfish" (2008)
original illustration on book page


This last one is one of my ink drawings that I do while I "wait" at doctor's offices, etc. I decided to color it digitally and really like how it turned out, so I am going to work all my other black and white drawings this way, so I can make prints out of them. I'll be selling the originals as well, in the near future.


©"Waiting room,4" (2008)
digitally colored ink drawing


Hope you enjoy!

Oh! I was also accepted as an artist in trunkt.org.
I only have a basic portfolio at this point, but am very pleased that they wanted me to participate.

That's all for now.

5 comments:

Gallery Juana said...

I recognize your fat girl waiting for a phone call ... maybe from a stork article? Love it and the go on fly away piece too.

Ana said...

Hi! I don't think its been in a storke article, but maybe you saw it on the VAST blog? I posted it there.

Anyway, thank you and I'm glad you like them. I just saw your web site and I love your work too! Its very serene.

Take care,
Ana

T.Allen-Mercado said...

Nice work, I'll be looking forward to more colored ink drawings.

Christine said...

I'm not sure how to email you on this thing....but...I see you make jewelry might you be interested in making a few custom pieces. Have you worked with pearls?

Ana said...

Hello Christine,

You can contact me at ana_visualartist@yahoo.com.

I look forward to your message!

Ana