Follow by Email

My Website

Friday, August 29, 2008

weird dreams...

OK, so our air conditioner broke...AGAIN!

And although with two fans going it was quite bearable, I guess the warmer conditions were fodder for strange dreams.

It was pretty constant...one weird circumstance after another. But when I awoke, only two distinctively stood out.

First - I was in what seemed like an old Victorian-style home. Actually, was on the porch (seemed like a "semi" wrap-around) and I went to one of the corners...which appeared to be a dead end and something in the corner caught my eye - It was a "web" full of cicadas. As I approached it (um, why would I do that?) I realized that there were hundreds of varying sizes...those suckers were everywhere, but I kept getting closer and actually reached out with my left hand and one of them saw me (of course, the largest one) and started coming after me and chasing me through the house......don't remember much else about that one



Imagine one of these guys chasing you....um yeah. By the way the first time I had heard of a cicada was when I moved to Alabama, because they were "singing" up a storm! I remember that around the time I got used to the sound, they stopped (I guess mating season was over).

Second - I was inside that same house, which I remember had all the "details" of a house from that era (is Victorian an era? well, you know what I mean). The lace curtains, detailed wood work in the house and a very ornate birdhouse, which drew my attention. Its as if I had not seen it in a long time, even though it was right in front of me. I opened the little lace curtain (I have to do a drawing of this, so it makes sense, I suppose) of the birdhouse and noticed inside was like a dollhouse, with tiny furniture and in the middle was a bird's nest, with a tiny blue bird, she had two teensy tiny baby birds in her nest and I felt compelled to reach my hand in there to touch them, because they were so cute AND because I thought it was strange that I would have not noticed "live" birds inside my home. I remember thinking in the dream that they couldn't be real, that I was imagining it. Well, as soon as my hand touched the nest, the babies fell out on the floor and as they hit turned to dust. The mother bird also fell out and as she hit the ground, instantly disintegrated so that only her skeleton was left. My reaction was well, "horrified". THEN I woke up.

Anyone know how to interpret dreams? Sheesh!

At least there's more imagery for my work, right?

3 comments:

T.Allen-Mercado said...

wow, that is a strange dream...let me think about this...

Glenda said...

Hi Ana,

Not sure if you remember me, but I went to FIU with you for our BFA. Anyway, I came across your Etsy site when looking for artists in Miami. When I saw your work, I knew it had to be you. Anyway, I checked out your website and found your blog. After reading your dreams post, I checked out this site as I am always having bizarre dreams and need to find out what is behind them. Not sure if this applies to you, but this is what I found. Keep up the great work and hope to hear from you.

Insect

To see insects in your dream, signifies minor obstacles that you must overcome. There are small problems and annoyances that need to be dealt with. Something or someone may be "bugging" or "pestering" you. Alternatively, insects are also said to be symbolic of precision, alertness, and sensitivity. You may need to organize your thoughts and sort out your values. Sometimes they are seen as divine messengers.

Bird

To dream of a chirping and/or flying birds, represents joy, harmony, ecstasy, balance, and love. It denotes a sunny outlook in life. You will experience spiritual freedom and psychological liberation. It is almost as if a weight has been lifted off your shoulders.

To dream of dead or dying birds, foretells a period of coming disappointments. You will find yourself worrying over problems that are constantly on your mind.

To see bird eggs in your dream, symbolizes money.

To see birds hatching in your dream, symbolizes delayed success.

To see a bird nest in your dream, symbolizes independence, refuge and security. You need something to fall back on. Alternatively, it may signify a prosperous endeavor, new opportunities, and fortune.

Ana said...

Hi Glenda,
Of course I remember! Hows Puerto Rico treating you? Thank you so much for this information about the dream...VERY interesting. I put it on the back burner temporarily, but I was planning to do a short illustrated story based on these dreams and others like them (unfortunately I have quite a few disturbing ones, lol).

Anyway, good to hear from you!

Hugs,
Ana