Follow by Email

My Website

Sunday, September 21, 2008

I forgot to mention

that I was interviewed for a WLRN show (public television), which will air in early November.

Yeah, I know...I actually allowed someone to film me (eek!). I suppose that miracles DO happen!

Anyway, there were 4 others interviewed and although the show's focus was on "Craft" in South Florida...I talked about my art. Mentioning, of course, that there are some "craft" techniques that have seeped into my artwork, such as sewing, crocheting, etc.

We were asked to bring a sampling of our work and below you will see my display. The cameraman took lots of close up shots of my pieces, so I'm looking forward to seeing how they look on TV!

I'm supposed to get a copy of the show, so if I'm not feeling self-conscious, I will probably post it here...we'll see.



The sampling of work that I took for the interview.



These are actually from 3 different pieces. All involve either crocheting, embroidery or sewing.
- The red is titled "Heartstrings,1".
- The long descending "strings" are from one titled: "Chronicle of Salacious Conduct (the first 35)"
- The bottom "squares" are from a piece titled "Alas, he was not in the pool"



- Here are some of the "idea" digital illustrations, printed small (5x7)
- The bottom squares are new - very colorful abstract/organic drawings on thin balsa wood.



- Background, right - are original ink drawings.
- Foreground, right - 2 nesting dolls and a new cloth doll, titled "I'll be ok"



- Closeup of the dolls. I'm working on a series of both types of these dolls - they're so much fun!

OK, that's all I have for now.

Tata

2 comments:

T.Allen-Mercado said...

Congratulations! That's pretty awesome, as are your art dolls! Thanks for sharing.

Ana said...

Hi!
It was a pretty cool experience, although I admit that I was SO nervous. I had worked myself up to a near-frenzy! But I got through it.

I'm glad you like my dolls. I like them too...because its such a different thing for me to work on (so much fun!).

Thanks again!
Take care