Follow by Email

My Website

Saturday, September 27, 2008

What's with the birds??

I forgot to tell you all how EXCITED I am that Grey's Anatomy is back - it was SO good...hee, I love it!!

Anyway, I've been really busy trying to finish everything for Stitchrock next Saturday, (eek!)
among other things that have snuck into my already packed schedule...so needless to say I've been a little stressed.
Although I admit, that it is when I've got a full schedule of things with deadlines, etc. that I work best. I wish it wasn't so, but it is.

So I was sitting here working on the computer - I am getting images ready to apply for an artist's grant...when I see something out of the corner of my eye, followed by the loudest THUD!

I about had a heart attack and then a panic attack, when I noticed that it was a bird that crashed into my sliding glass door. I stood there with my hand over my mouth. I thought I was looking at this little bird dying before me and I knew that I didn't have much time to waste if I was going to help put him out of his misery. He was laying on the floor, head tilted, very labored breathing. In what was probably a second, I had lots of different solutions flashing before my eyes. What am I supposed to do???

Well, I went to get my dad. When in doubt, go get him!

So we came upstairs quickly and I opened the blinds and the little bird is standing on his legs where he had been laying before...still seemingly stunned. We both walked out to the balcony and my dad picked him up and he started squeaking /chirping so loudly, it freaked me out, lol.

I bet he was thinking to himself: "Damn it, I survived crashing into that window and now this guy is gonna kill me!"

Anyway, we checked him out and since he seemed to at least be breathing right, we put him on one of the plants I have on the ledge and he took off like a bullet. So obviously he was fine...thank goodness! I wish I had taken a photo.

So, yes...what's with the birds? I'm dreaming about them, they're coming out in my work, they're crashing into my window...hmm!

No comments: