Follow by Email

My Website

Thursday, October 16, 2008

You must know by now that I don't have a social life.
It's ok....really!
There was a time and place for that stuff.
I made a good attempt at "normalcy" a few years ago, but somehow "normal" simply evades me, lol.

Anyway...television and movies play an important role in my life.
They serve as means of escaping reality and of course of just simply being entertained.

So, this season I've added a few gems to my television viewing needs...Mad Men, the Fringe, Grizzly Man Diaries.

"mad men" - ohhhhh...I'm loving this show! It's sooo good and weird at the same time. I actually don't know how to explain it. I find that there isn't continuity from week to week, but somehow I can't help but stay interested and always wanting more.

"fringe" - I miss Mulder and Scully, I really do. This new show is good, as it has the same type of subject matter as the old x-files, but it has a more contemporary approach to the effects and character development...it also has some great visuals. I recommend it.

"the grizzly man diaries" - I found out about Timothy Treadwell a few months ago and have been transfixed by his story and life ever since. If you haven't heard of him, he was a self-taught grizzly bear expert, wildlife preservationist and documentary filmmaker who lived unarmed among the bears in Alaska's Katmai National Park and Reserve for 13 summers and filmed his adventures in the wild during his final five seasons. He dedicated his life to protecting the grizzly bears and it is believed that he (and his girlfriend) were killed by one of those very bears. It was 5 years ago this month that their remains were found near their campsite. The show on Discovery uses footage he shot, amidst beautifully haunting soundtrack. To me, it's more than just a "nature" show about bears and foxes...its a story about a man who was trying to find and understand himself within that environment and unique experience.


I might have forgotten others...but its late and time for sleep.

night night!

No comments: