Follow by Email

My Website

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Quarter Pounder with Cheese

I wish that when I was having emotional "issues", I could be comforted by Broccoli or Salad.
Noooooo, my body and mind go straight for a hamburger or chocolate.

Why is that???

I was going through yet another box-o-stuff and found the Flairs (pins) that a few of my favorite servers at Outback in Tuscaloosa had given me...along with my University ID Card from when I taught one semester as an adjunct.
I looked skinny! I didn't feel skinny, but... I remember that day. I was fidgeting with my shirt, because I thought it was a little snug. It wasn't, but my mind told me it was. I remember worrying about how I looked, especially because right before the photo, I ran into Andy, one of the cute Outback servers and he had complimented me - said I looked nice...and that was it. Instead of accepting the compliment and letting it sink in and making me feel more confident and good about myself...it had the total opposite effect and I was so distracted that I didn't smile. You should see this picture...looks like I've just been given a death sentence.

I'm a total mess! I mean, I was the closest thing to happy when I was up there. Can you imagine? No, of course you can't, because I should have a team of psychiatrists examining me!

Anyway...thus the quarter pounder with cheese!
Geez Louise!

No comments: