Follow by Email

My Website

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

I've been trying to figure out how to get more traffic to my shops and lets face it to get more SALES! I'm so discouraged, it's not even funny.

I see the advice given by self-proclaimed experts on etsy and it seems to be overwhelming. The amount of time needed to "promote" is insane.

I just can't do it...I don't have the stamina. I mean, when do these people create? Do they have time to breathe? Do they do anything else other than promote??

I also refuse to do all the spamming that others seem to be ok with. Whether it's on Twitter or Facebook or blogs or any of the seemingly trillions of "social-networking" sites...it seems to me that everyone just talks about what they listed in their shops, or what sales they have,etc.

What about telling me that you're craving a chocolate chip cookie? Or just telling me that you're going out for a walk...I don't know, tell me something about yourself, rather than trying to shove your shop up my arse.

See? This is probably why my shops aren't doing well, because I just absolutely refuse to be one of those people. It's not who I am.

I just wish the universe would step in and throw me a bone, without my having to sell my soul.

You know???

No comments: