Follow by Email

My Website

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

new painting, for the exhibition in April

I'm working on a series of small paintings about my reproductive system, for the exhibition in April. Call this an internal self portrait, if you will, lol.

I had done the first one on wood a few months ago (which I don't think I'll be using in the exhibit, since it will probably be the only one on wood - not sure yet).


© "bridge to nowhere"
(ink, acrylic paint on wood, 2008)


The second - a small diptych on canvas... (click to see larger image):


© "Procreant Vesicle,2"
(watercolor, liquid acrylic on canvas, diptych, 2008)


Just finished this one yesterday:



© "ineffectual womb"
(liquid acrylics and watercolors on canvas, 2009)


I'm liking these a lot! Yay for my useless reproductive system (lol)!

2 comments:

KJ said...

Love the art work, and the blog looks fantastic, hope to read more of your posts.

Dana said...

Wow! Love these pieces! I really love Bridge to Nowhere. This is very emotional and interesting, it is fantastic that you showed the series at a gallery. I know you sell stuff currently on etsy, but have you thought of maybe taking your paintings international? Artfotune.com is a great way to reach a diverse group of art enthusiasts and artists. You can sell your art and talk with other artists about your progress with your current work. Check us out.