Follow by Email

My Website

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Working on a new Series

A couple of months ago I had a Brain MRI done.
Once I received the cd with the images, I was mesmerized by them.
I just thought it was fascinating to see all the details of what is inside my head, lol.

I was inspired to do a series titled: Ana's Brain. There were approximately 10-12 different "slices" which contain several detailed images.  Some are slightly repetitive, so I've decided to do 5 pieces for 11 slides, for a total of 55 pieces.  They are all 8x8 inches on watercolor paper.

I would love to have them exhibited together as a group (I can visualize it)...but of course I also would love to sell these!

I need to get the ball rolling on selling my artwork.  I have been scared and have lost some confidence regarding my work, because I've sort of been in a "bubble"...not really getting my work out there, other than on Facebook and Twitter, which doesn't garner much response honestly.

I love my work.

I'm proud that I've stuck to my guns and have continued to do work that is personal and introspective.  I constantly get "why don't you just paint birds, or flowers, etc". "your stuff is too weird or disturbing."

No.

I can and have in the past done those types of paintings when I've been in that mood.  Don't get me wrong, I enjoy them, but that is not my main body of work, the serious/real stuff.
If no one will like my work, well then that's the way it is.  But I will not compromise myself and my vision and my voice.

Anyway, enough ranting.

Here are a few photos of the Brain series....let me know your thoughts!




No comments: